IMS side of DiFac Project
The objective of IMS DiFac is to develop a strategic
planning design tool that is capable of supporting the construction
of a digital factory. The immediate goal of IMS DiFac is to improve
significantly human motion and task analysis tools when compared
with the commercially available digital manufacturing tools, in
order to enhance human safety.
The detailed objectives of IMS-DiFac are:
- The development of a rich virtualised collaborative manufacturing
environment for digital factory design and evaluation/training activities.
- The optimisation of the time needed in designing and producing quality
- The minimization of the risk and/or cost for designing a new plant
- The optimal design and assessment of a plant layout, material flow/logistics
and workplace in manufacturing engineering activities.
- Assessment of the final products (3-D visualization and design communication
- The enhancement of workplace safety, in order to minimize the employee's
- PPRH(Product, Process, Resource and Human) information management
and system integration in total product lifecycle
- The development of an interface using the concept of Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- The improvement of collaboration among workers and with the external
suppliers at different level in the factory.
- The enhancement of knowledge management to provide managerial assistance
for visualized manufacturing collaboration.
Download here the IMS Newsletter from the European Community:
• 6th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 7th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 8th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 9th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 10th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 11th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 12th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 13th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
• 14th Issue of the EU_IMS Newsletter
The link to the DiFac IMS web site
The link to the DiFac SWISS web site